“The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
This is a simple, quick and perfect addition to pop on the Christmas “dessert” table. I make this every year to have after our huge Christmas lunch and I make a big batch for my niece who can finish them all in one go. You can use peppermint essence but I prefer organic peppermint essential oil. You only need a few drops and it has the added benefits as it aids in digestion, especially after a heavy meal. Finally I use callibaut dark Chocolate for the decoration but any good quality dark chocolate of your preference is perfectly fine. They make a great Christmas gift and if you like a more chocolate hit you could coat the whole ball in chocolate!!!!
- 2 cups pure icing sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 x 395 can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 drops of organic peppermint essential oil (or as little or strong as you prefer)
- 3 ½ cups of desiccated coconut
- 60g dark callibaut coverture chocolate
- Sift pure icing sugar and cream of tartar into a large bowl. Add sweetened condensed milk and peppermint essential oil, stir to combine.
- Gradually add the desiccated coconut, mixing well with a wooden spoon.
- Shape and roll balls just a bit bigger than a teaspoon size and place on a tray covered with baking paper.
- To decorate, place the dark chocolate into a bowl then onto a pot of simmering water making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Once melted place chocolate in a snap-lock bag. Snip a corner off the bag with scissor and drizzle the chocolate over the balls. Leave to set and store in the fridge.
Wishing you all a safe and joyful Christmas and look forward to sharing more of my favourite things I like to make and share with my family and friends.
Happy Christmas and satisfied tummies…..Enjoy!