“I didn’t make it to the gym today. That makes is 5 years in a row!”Unknown
This is a wonderfully easy and quick treat for the Christmas period. You can make it ahead of time and makes a great Christmas gift especially for the kiddies school teachers. The addition of cinnamon essential oil gets you right in the mood for some Christmas cheer. Hope it takes you back to your childhood as you reminisce on great times. Thank you so much for checking out and hopefully trying and enjoying my recipes with family and friends each month. I wish you a peaceful and joyful Christmas and look forward to more food adventures to share with you in 2014!
- 8 small granny smith apples, washed and completely dried , with stems removed
- 8 candy apple sticks (find at good cake, home ware stores or spotlight.)
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup (find at health food stores)
- 1 cup warm water
- 6 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- Few drops of red food colouring
- Insert sticks into the top of each apple. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray heavily with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until mixture reaches 300°F (Hard crack) on a candy thermometer. (If you don’t have a candy thermometer, drop a bit of the mixture in a glass of cold water. If it hardens immediately and easily breaks in half, it is ready. If it sinks to the bottom and is pliable, it needs to cook a little bit longer.)
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the cinnamon essential oil and red food colouring.
- VERY CAREFULLY making sure not to touch the sugar syrup, dip apples in the coating and place on the lined oiled baking sheet and allow to harden.
Enjoy….And wishing you a very safe and Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year 🙂