The last few years since the GFC have been difficult for investors – each time sharemarkets take a step forward, changes in the global economy pull them back.
With annual statements arriving in letterboxes, we’ve enlisted the help of two experts to make sense of the current investment environment.
Your questions answered
Paul Clitheroe AM, Executive Director of financial planning firm ipac, and a leading financial commentator joins with Dr Shane Oliver, Head of Investment Strategy and Chief Economist at AMP Capital, to provide their views on where sharemarkets are placed and how to navigate the period ahead.
Dr Shane Oliver, Head of Investment Strategy and Chief Economist at AMP Capital, answers the questions you’ve been asking:
- Why do investment markets continue to be difficult?
- Why should I keep believing that returns will improve?
- What will it take to achieve a sustained global economic recovery?
- Why isn’t the Australian sharemarket doing better?
- Am I better off in assets like cash and term deposits?
- What is AMP doing to manage my money through this period?
- What should I do in times like these?
- Important information